Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1745
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Pixley, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 1 ¼ mile SSE of Ashperton r. station, and 3 ½ W by N of Ledbury. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres, 655. Real property, £948. Pop., 110. Houses, 18. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £102. Patron, Earl Somers. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Pixley Cassey Directory of Herefordshire 1858
Pixley is a parish, in Radlow Hundred, Ledbury Union, and Hereford archdeaconry and diocese, 4 miles north-west from Ledbury. The living is a discharged rectory, value about £112. The Right Hon. Earl Somers is the patron. The church is a very small building, with a low wooden spire. The population, in 1851, was 76; acreage, 655. The soil is a stiff clay; it is the property of Earl Somers, principally.
Letters through Ledbury, which is the nearest money order office.
Baylis E., farmer, Knapp
Caldwell P., farmer, Mainstone Court farm
Mutlow James, farmer
Pope D., farmer
Slade F., farmer
Taylor Hannah, beer retailer
Taylor George, wheelwright & cattle dealer
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.
Civil Registration District: Ledbury
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Ledbury