Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alterative names: Great Birch, Much Birch
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1599
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BIRCH (Much or Great), a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 3 miles SE of Tram-Inn r. station, and 6½ S of Hereford. It has a post office, of the name of Birch, under Ross. Acres, 1,287. Real property, £2,221. Pop., 496. Houses, 108. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £106. Patron, T. G. Symons, Esq. The church is very good. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Wormelow Herefordshire 1914
(Attached to Much Birch)
Kerslake Mrs. Florence, Wormelow Tump inn.
Smith Hy., shopkeeper, Post office (telegrams).
Winter Joseph, huntsman, The Kennels.
Court Victor, assistant overseer;) res., St. Gabriels, Wormelow.
Source: The Hereford Journal Directory 1914. Second Issue. Hereford: The Herefordshire Press & Printing Co., Ltd., Offa House.
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Archenfield
Poor Law Union: Hereford