Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Moreton Magna, Moreton upon Lugg, Morton on Lugg
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1759
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1681
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MORETON-UPON-LUGG, a village and a parish in the district and county of Hereford. The village stands on the river Lug, adjacent to the Shrewsbury and the Hereford railway, 4 ¼ miles N of Hereford; and has a station on the railway. The parish comprises 885 acres. Post town, Hereford. Real property, £1,480. Pop., 77. Houses, 12. The property belongs to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £212. Patron, the Prebendary of Moreton-Magna. The church is ancient, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Moreton-on-Lugg Herefordshire 1914
Bishop Henry, farmer and surveyor of roads to the Hereford R.D.C., Brook farm.
Dawe H. Abraham, farmer, Lower house.
Hart Mrs. Emily Mary, farmer, Church house.
Hill Mrs. Harriett, Moreton court.
Holland James, stationmaster.
Pantall Thos., farmer, Upper Ho.
Ralph, Preece, Davies and Co., coal, coke and lime merchants.
Rosenstock Rudolph, Marsh house.
Stentiford Sydney, head gardener, Moreton Court.
Taylor Rev. Charles Hy., B.A. (rector).
(Assistant overseer: Thirlwall H. P., 9, Breinton Road, Hereford).
Source: The Hereford Journal Directory 1914. Second Issue. Hereford: The Herefordshire Press & Printing Co., Ltd., Offa House.
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weston
Poor Law Union: Hereford