Leinthall Earles Herefordshire Family History


Leinthall Earles is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1756 from a chapelry in Aymestrey Parish.

Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin: 1766

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Leinthall Earles

Leinthall Earles Herefordshire

Historical Descriptions

A Topographical Dictionary of England

LEINTHALL (EARLS), a chapelry in that part of the parish of Aymestrey which is in the hundred of Wigmore, county of Hereford, 7 miles (S. W.) from Ludlow. The population is returned with the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Aymestrey. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. A charity school here is endowed with about £9 a year, and a house and garden for the master. There is also an almshouse.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831

Administration

  • County: Herefordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Leominster
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Hereford
  • Rural Deanery: Leominster
  • Poor Law Union: Leominster
  • Hundred: Wigmore
  • Province: Canterbury

Credits

Photo of St Andrew’s parish church, Leinthall Earls, Herefordshire, seen from the southeast by Philip Pankhurst, some rights reserved.