Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: King’s Pion
Parish church: St Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINGS-PYON, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; on an affluent of the river Lug, 2½ miles ESE of Weobly, and 4¼ N by E of Bishopstone r. station. Post town, Weobly, Herefordshire. Acres, 2,407. Real property, £2,904. Pop, 489. Houses, 101. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Birley, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £353. Patron, S. Peploe, Esq. The church is good; and there are charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
PION, KING’S (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Weobley, hundred of Stretford, county of Hereford, 4 miles (E. S. E.) from Weobley; containing 424 inhabitants. It comprises 2407a. 3r. 1p., of which 1170 acres are arable, 1050 meadow and pasture, 80 woodland, and 32 in roads. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of Birley consolidated, valued in the king’s books at £5. 11. 8., and in the patronage of S. Peploe, Esq. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £2. 12., and those of the vicar for £252. 14.; the great tithes of Birley have been commuted for £60. 13., and the vicarial for £134: the glebe comprises 12 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Weobly
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weston
- Poor Law Union: Weobly
- Hundred: Stretford
- Province: Canterbury