Kimbolton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Hammish.
Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin: 1565
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Kimbolton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KIMBOLTON, a village and a parish in Leominster district, Hereford. The village stands on an eminence, 2½ miles NE of Leominster r. station. The parish comprises 4,061 acres. Post town, Leominster. Real property, £5, 258. Pop., 723. Houses, 151. The property is subdivided. About 160 acres are under hops. Traces exist of a Roman camp. The living is a p. curacy, united with the p. curacy of Middleton-on-the-Hill, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £132. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is old and cruciform; has a tower and spire; and was repaired in 1853. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Kimbolton, 3 m. N.E. Leominster. P. 715
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Kimbolton, co. Hereford.
P. T. Leominster (137) 3 m. NE b E. Pop. 634.
A parish in the hundred of Wolphy; living, a curacy subordinate to the vicarage of Eye, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford; certified value 4l. 6s. 8d.; ann. val. P. R. 90l.; church ded. to St. James; patron, the Bishop of Hereford
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
KIMBOLTON, a parish in the hundred of Wolphy, county of HEREFORD, 3 miles (N.E. by E.) from Leominster, containing 634 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £200 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £600 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. James.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Leominster
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Leominster
- Poor Law Union: Leominster
- Hundred: Wolphy
- Province: Canterbury