Ivington or Ivington St John was formed as an Ecclesiastical parish in 1844 from the south western part of Leominster, Herefordshire Ancient parish. The church was built in 1841 with restoration in 1868 and is within the borough of Leominster. It includes Ivington Green, Aulden, Baron's Cross and Newtown within the parish boundary and as districts of the borough.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Ivington, Hide Ash and Wintercott, Ivington St John
Parish church: St John
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1844
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1843
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IVINGTON, a chapelry in Leominster parish, Hereford; on a branch of the river Lug, 2¼ miles SW of Leominster r. station. Post town, Leominster. Real property, £2, 315. Pop., 750. Houses, 155. The property is much subdivided. An ancient camp is on Brierley hills; was occupied by Owen Glendower; and has yielded coins of the 14th century. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Leominster. The church was built in 1843, and is in the pointed style. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Leominster
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Leominster
Poor Law Union: Leominster