Parish church: St Thomas of Canterbury
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754; see also Kington
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Nonconformists include: Independent
- Michaelchurch On Arrow
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HUNTINGTON, a parish and a hundred in Herefordshire. The parish lies on the river Arrow, adjacent to Radnorshire, 4 miles SW of Kington r. station; is in Presteigne district; and has fairs on 18 July and 13 Nov. Post town, Kington. Acres, 1,937. Real property, £2,227. Pop., 260. Houses, 50. The property is divided among three. Ruins exist of an ancient castle, built for the defence of the marches. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Kington, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is modern, and has a wooden bell turret. There are an Independent chapel and a free school, the latter with £118 a year from endowment. The hundred contains also seven other parishes. Acres, 27,909. Pop., 6,028. Houses, 1,255.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Church Records - Indexes
Civil Registration District: Presteigne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weobley
Poor Law Union: Kington