Alternative names: Huntington near Holmer, Huntington by Holmer
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1718; see also Holmer
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HUNTINGTON, a township chapelry in Holmer parish, Herefordshire; on an affluent of the river Wye, 2 ½ miles NW of Hereford r. station. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 600. Pop., 154. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Hereford. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Holmer, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Land and Property
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
Rural Deanery: Hereford
Poor Law Union: Hereford