Hampton Bishop is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Tuplsey with the Vineyard and Tupsley.
Parish registers begin: 1670
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
Hampton Bishop, a village and a parish in the district and county of Hereford. The village stands between the rivers Wye and Lugg, 2 ½ miles SSW of Withington r. station, and 4 SE by E of Hereford; and has a post-office under Hereford. The parish includes also the township of Tupsley, and comprises 2,845 acres. Real property, £7,967. Pop. in 1851, 913; in 1861, 1,047. Houses, 203. The property is much subdivided. Some of the inhabitants are employed in making baskets and sieves. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £413. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is ancient; was recently restored; and contains monuments to Col. Weare. The township of Tupsley was recently constructed a separate charge, with a new church. Charities, £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].