Eyton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1740 from chapelry in Eye Ancient Parish.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1682
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1681
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EYTON, a parish in Leominster district, Hereford; on the river Lug, near the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 2 miles NW of Leominster. Post town, Leominster, Acres, 964. Real property, £1,855. Pop., 155. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. Eyton Hall is an elegant mansion. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £98. Patrons, the Governors of Lucton school. The church is Norman, and was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- Google Streetview
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain historical maps
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Leominster
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Leominster
- Poor Law Union: Leominster
- Hundred: Wolphy
- Province: Canterbury