Dulas was formed as an Ecclesiastical Parish in Herefordshire from a chapelry in Ewyas Harold, Herefordshire Ancient Parish in 1741.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Dewlas
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin:
* Parish registers: 1770
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1818
Parishes near to Dulas
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DULAS, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on an affluent of the river Monnow, 2½ miles NW of Pontrilas r. station and 12 SW of Hereford. Post town, Abbey-dore, under Hereford. Acres, 845. Real property, £690. Pop., 76. Houses, 13. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £75. Patron, James Hopton, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1867.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
DULAS (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Dore, hundred of Webtree, county of Hereford, 13½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Hereford; containing 60 inhabitants. The surface of the parish is highly undulated, and consists of 797 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £75; patron, James M. P. Hopton, Esq.; impropriators, Mr. Hopton and the Rev. Henry Burton. The great tithes have been commuted for £25, and those of the incumbent for £42.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Church records - Indexes
- Google Streetview
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain historical maps
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Brecon
- Diocese: St David's
- Rural Deanery: Brecknock
- Poor Law Union: Dore
- Hundred: Webtree
- Province: Canterbury