Donnington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
* Parish registers: 1754
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DONNINGTON, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; under the Malvern hills, at the boundary with Gloucester, 2¼ miles S of Ledbury town and r. station. Post town, Ledbury. Acres, 808. Real property, £1,566. Pop., 105. Houses, 20. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £209. Patron, R. Webb, Esq. The church is old but good; and has a wooden tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Donnington, a parish in the hund, of Radlow, union of Ledbury, county of Hereford; 2¼ miles south by west of Ledbury, very near the Gloucester canal. Living, a discharged rectory in the archd. and dio. of Hereford; rated at £3 9s. 9d.; gross income £219. Patron, in 1835, R. Webb, Esq. Here are 1 Sunday and daily National and 2 daily schools. Acres 740. Houses 24. A. P. £1,155. Pop., in 1801, 121; in 1831, 124. Poor rates, in 1837, £53.Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Church records – Indexes
Civil Registration District: Ledbury
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Ledbury