Dinedor, an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Dyndor, Dynedor
Other Places in the Parish: Rotherwas
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1750
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Parishes near to Dinedor
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DINEDOR, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the Monmouth and Hereford railway. adjacent to the river Wye, 2½ miles SE by S of Hereford. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 1,678. Real property, £3,292. Pop., 270. Houses, 56. The property is all in one estate. Dinedor Hill is crowned by a Roman camp, supposed to be that of Ostorius Scapula; and commands a lovely view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £315. Patron, Worcester College, Oxford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Dinedor, a parish in the hund. of Webtree, union and county of Hereford; 3 miles south-east by south of Hereford, west of the river Wye. Living, a rectory, a peculiar in the jurisdiction of the dean of Hereford; rated at £8 9s. 7d.; gross income £329. Patron, Worcester college, Oxford. There are about 20 acres of hops reared here. Acres 1,740. Houses 54. A. P. £2,024. Pop., in 1801, 274, in 1831, 314. Poor rates, in 1837, £132.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- Google Streetview
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain historical maps
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Hereford
- Poor Law Union: Hereford
- Hundred: Webtree
- Province: Canterbury