Croft is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Newton.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1565
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1681
Parishes adjacent to Croft
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CROFT, a parish in Leominster district, Hereford; on the river Lugg, 3½ miles NW by W of Berrington and Eye r. station, and 5¼ NW of Leominster. It includes the township of Newton; and its post town is Yarpole, under Leominster. Acres, 1,564. Real property, £2,018. Pop., 155. Houses, 25. The property is divided between two. The manor belonged anciently to the Crofts. Croft Castle is the seat of the Rev. W. K. Davies. Castle-Ambrey is an ancient double-ditched British camp. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Yarpole, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £283. Patron, the Rev. W. K. Davies. The church contains a monument of the Crofts, and is pretty good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Croft Herefordshire Lascelles & Co. Directory & Gazetteer of Herefordshire 1851
Croft is a very small Parish N.N.W. from Leominster.—The Church is equally small. The Rev. Joseph Davies, Rector; Mr. Benjamin Addis, Clerk. Service—11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Clergy And Gentry.
Davies Wm. T. K., Esq., Magistrate, Croft Castle
Edwards Rev. Joseph, Rector, Rectory
Source: Lascelles & Co. Directory & Gazetteer of Herefordshire; Swan Brothers, 45 Ann Street, Birmingham; 1851.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Leominster
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Leominster
Poor Law Union: Leominster