Collington, an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Collington
Historical Descriptions of Collington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLLINGTON, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; adjacent to the boundary with Worcester, 3½ miles N of Bromyard, and 6½ SE of Tenbury r. station. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 985. Real property, £1, 224. Pop., 150. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. Ripplewood House is the seat of the Whites. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Edwin-Ralph, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is a very neat stone structure of 1857. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
COLLINGTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Bromyard, hundred of Broxash, county of Hereford, 4½ miles (N.) from Bromyard; containing 160 inhabitants. It is intersected by the road from Bromyard to Tenbury, and comprises 936 acres. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king’s books at £2. 18. 10., and in the gift of W. Lacon Childe, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £140. 1. 9., and the glebe contains 42 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Bromyard
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Bromyard