Byford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Civil parish: Byford
Parish church: St John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1660
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1661
Parishes adjacent to Byford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BYFORD, a parish in Weobly district, Herefordshire; on the river Wey, and the Hereford and Brecon railway, near Moorhampton station, 7½ miles WNW of Hereford. Post Town, Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 903. Real property, £1,787. Pop., 201. Houses, 42. The property is not much divided; and belongs chiefly to Sir H. Cotterell, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £195. Patron, Sir H. G. Cotterell, Bart. The church is old, but very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Byford, 7 m. N.W. Hereford. P. 236
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Byford Herefordshire 1914
Denny Gerard Arthur, Byford ct.
Drummond Rev. Hy. Murray, The Rectory.
Edwards Chris. Arthur, farmer, Byford house.
Grey Wm. Stockburn, The School house.
Kent Benj., farm bailiff, Solitary island.
Liddell Chas., head gardener at Garnons.
Maddy Stephen, painter, etc., Byford common.
Nickolls Hubert, farm bailiff, Home farm.
Skyrme Jos., farmer, Common frm.
Turner Chas., sexton, Fallsbrook.
Williams Arthur, blacksmith, Wye side.
Wootton John Hy., farmer, fruit grower, and assistant overseer, Lower house.
Source: The Hereford Journal Directory 1914. Second Issue. Hereford: The Herefordshire Press & Printing Co., Ltd., Offa House.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Weobley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weobley
- Poor Law Union: Weobley
- Hundred: Grimsworth
- Province: Canterbury