Burrington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish church: St George
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1541
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Burrington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BURRINGTON, a parish in the district of Ludlow and county of Hereford; on the river Teme, 4½ miles NW of Wooferton r. station, and 5 WSW of Ludlow. Post Town, Leintwardine, Herefordshire. Acres, 2,580. Real property, with Aston and Downton, £3,750. Pop., 231. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, 146. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was reported in 1859 to be very bad.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Burrington, 4 miles S.W. Ludlow. P. 236.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Ludlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Clun
- Poor Law Union: Ludlow
- Hundred: Wigmore
- Province: Canterbury