Brobury is a parish, 11 miles west-north-west from Hereford, 10 from Kington, and 10 from Hay, in Grimsworth Hundred, Weobly Union, Hereford archdeaconry and bishopric; it is situated on the northern bank of the river Wye, and adjoining the road from Brecon to Hereford. The church is an old stone building; has nave, chancel, bell gable, and two bells. The living is a rectory, worth £140 yearly, with 32 acres of glebe land, in the gift of the Rev. W. Newton; the Rev. W. Newton, of Bredwardine, is the incumbent. The population, in 1851, was 60, and the acreage is 442. Sir Henry Geers Cotterell, Bart., is the lord of the manor and chief landowner. The charities are of £1 10s. yearly value.
Letters through Hereford. The nearest money order offices are at Kington and Hay.
Martin Richard and Thomas, farmers
Powell Matthew, farmer
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.