BRINSOP, a parish in Weobly district, Herefordshire; on Watling-street, and on an affluent of the river Wye, 2 miles N of Credenhill r. station, and 5½ NW of Hereford. Post Town, Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 1,364. Real property, £1,962. Pop., 145. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £268. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is old but good; and contains two monuments of the Danseys.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Brinsop, a parish in the hund. of Grimsworth, union of Weobley, county of Hereford; 5½ miles north-west of Hereford. Living, a discharged vicarage in the archd. and dio. of Hereford; valued at £4; rated in the parliamentary returns at £72; gross income £275; in the patronage of the bishop of Hereford. There is a day and a Sunday school in this parish. Pop., in 1801, 114; in 1831, 112. Houses 17. Acres 1,470. A. P. £2,218. Poor rates, in 1837, £75.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Brinsop, 6 m. N.W. Hereford. P. 116
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.