Brimfield is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1754 from chapelry in Eye Ancient Parish. The village and civil parish of Brimfield forms part of the county boundary with Richard’s Castle, Shropshire
Other places in the parish include: Wyson.
Parish church: St Michael
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Brimfield
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRIMFIELD, a village and a parish in the district of Tenbury and county of Hereford. The village stands near the river Teme and the Leominster canal, 1¾ mile E of Wooferton r. station and 5 S by E of Ludlow; and has a post office under Ludlow. The parish includes also the hamlet of Wyson. Acres, 1,842. Real property, £3,681. Pop., 665. Houses, 131. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £160. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is a plain good edifice, with neat modern tower; and there is a dissenting chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Brimfield, 5 m. W. Tenbury. P. 591
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Brimfield, co. Hereford.
P. T. Tenbury (130) 5½ m. W. Pop. 532.
A parish in the hundred of Wolphy; living, a curacy in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, not in charge; certified value 17 l.; ann. val. P. R. 118l.; patron, the Bishop of Hereford.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Tenbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Leominster
- Poor Law Union: Tenbury
- Hundred: Wolphy
- Province: Canterbury