Brilley, a chapelry in Kington, Herefordshire Ancient Parish. The parish boundary forms part of the boundary with Wales.
Brilley is a village and civil parish on the Welsh border in Herefordshire.
Parish church: St Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1581; see also Kington
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Brilley
- Michaelchurch On Arrow
[su_gmap address="Brilley, Herefordshire" zoom="11"]
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRILLEY, a parish in the district of Presteigne and county of Hereford; and a subdistrict partly also in the county of Radnor. The parish lies on the verge of the county near the river Wye and the Hereford and Brecon railway, 5½ miles NNE of Hay. Post Town, Whitney, under Hereford. Acres, 3,792. Real property, £4,182. Pop., 517. Houses, 104. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Michael church, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £350. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. A school has £50 from endowment; and other charities £6. The subdistrict contains seven parishes. Acres, 15,315. Pop., 2,067. Houses, 409.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Brilley, 6½ m. S. Kington. P. 587.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Presteigne
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weobley
- Poor Law Union: Kington
- Hundred: Huntington
- Province: Canterbury