Bartestree is a chapelry of Dormington Ancient Parish in Herefordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Bartlestree.
Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin: 1813
Parishes adjacent to Bartestree
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARTESTREE, a chapelry in Dormington parish, Herefordshire; on the Worcester and Hereford railway, near the Wothington station, the Roman road, and the river Wye, 4 miles E of Hereford. It has a post office under Hereford. Acres, 250. Rated property, £533. Pop., 61. Houses, 13. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Dormington, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Bartestree, in Dormington parish, P. 44.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BARTESTREE, a chapelry, in the parish of Dormington, hundred of Greytree, union and county of Hereford, 4½ miles (E.) from Hereford; containing 44 inhabitants. The chapelry is situated near the right bank of the river Froome, and is crossed by the road from Hereford to Ledbury; it comprises 410 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy, united to the vicarage of Dormington. A rent-charge of £90 has been awarded as a commutation for the vicarial tithes. The chapel is dedicated to St. James.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weston
- Poor Law Union: Hereford
- Hundred: Greytree
- Province: Canterbury