Ballingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish church: St. Dubricius
Parish registers begin: 1726
Parishes adjacent to Ballingham
- King's Caple
- Holme Lacy
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870St Dubricius Church, Ballingham. St Dubricius church, Ballingham, dates from the 13th century, however, it was mush restored in 1884-5. The copyright on this image is owned by Philip Halling and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.
Ballingham, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; on the river Wye, and on the Hereford and Gloucester railway, near Fawley station, 5½ miles N.N.W. of Ross. Post Town, Holme-Lacey under Hereford. Acres, 901. Real property, £1,802. Pop., 168. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £165. Patron, Sir E. F. S. Stanhope, Bart. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Ballingham, a parish in the upper division of the hund, of Wormelow, union of Ross, county of Hereford; 7½ miles south-east from Hereford; bounded on three sides by the river Wye. Living, a perpetual curacy not in charge, in the archd. and dio. of Hereford; rated at £12, in the parliamentary returns at £100; gross income £105. Patron, in 1835, Sir E. Stanhope. There is a day-school here. Pop., in 1801, 138; in 1831, 147. Houses 33. Acres 950. A. P. £958. Poor rates, in 1837, £100.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ballingham, 3 m. S.E. Hereford. P. 149.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Ballingham, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Wormelow, county of Hereford, 7 miles (N. by W.) from Ross, containing 127 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £30 per annum private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Lugwardine.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford; Ross
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Archenfield
- Poor Law Union: Ross
- Hundred: Wormelow
- Province: Canterbury