Ashperton is a chapelry of Stretton Grandison Ancient Parish in Herefordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1538
Parishes adjacent to Ashperton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHPERTON, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; on the Worcester and Hereford railway, near the river Frome, 5 miles NW of Ledbury. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Ledbury. Acres, 1,741. Real property, £3,199. Pop., 534. Houses, 105. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy annexed to the vicarage of Stretton-Grandison, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ashperton, 7 miles N.W. Ledbury. P. 604
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Ashperton Through Time
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Ledbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Ledbury
- Hundred: Radlow
- Province: Canterbury