Amberley is a chapelry of Marden Ancient Parish in Herefordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1742
Parishes adjacent to Amberley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AMBERLEY, a township in Marden parish, Hereford; 4 miles ENE of Moreton r. station. Acres, 377. Pop. 30. Houses, 7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Amberley, a chapelry in the parish of Marden, Herefordshire; 7 miles north-east from Hereford. Pop., in 1801, 49; in 1831, 25. Houses 5. Acres 330. A. P. £387
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Amberley, in Marden parish. P. 22
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
AMBERLEY, a chapelry, in the parish of Marden, hundred of Broxash, union and county of Hereford, 5¾ miles (N. N. E.) from Hereford; containing 32 inhabitants, and comprising 378 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Hereford
- Poor Law Union: Hereford
- Hundred: Broxash
- Province: Canterbury