Durley is a chapelry of Upham Ancient Parish in Hampshire.
Other places in the parish include: Mincingfield.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1780
- Fair Oak
- Bishop's Waltham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DURLEY, a parish in Droxford district, Hants; near the Gosport Junction and the Bishops-Waltham railways, 3¼ miles W of Bishops-Waltham. It includes the tything of Mincingfield; and its post town is Bishops-Waltham, under Southampton. Acres, 2,474. Real property, £2,732. Pop., 411. Houses, 84. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £410. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is old but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Droxford
Probate Court: Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of Upham with Durley, Post-1844 - Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester
Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Droxford
Poor Law Union: Droxford
Hundred: Bishop's Waltham