Deane is an Ancient Parish in the county of Hampshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1659
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1781
- Church Oakley
- North Waltham
- Wootton St Lawrence
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DEANE, a parish in Basingstoke district, Hants; on the Basingstoke and Salisbury railway, near Oakley r. station, 5½ miles W by S of Basingstoke. Post town, Overton, under Micheldever Station. Acres, 1,557. Real property, £1,760. Pop., 135. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The manor was bought by the famous bishop Wm. Wickham; and passed to the Parrotts, the Fieneses, the Deanes, and the Harwoods. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £336. Patron, W. Beach, Esq. The church was rebuilt, in 1830, by W. Bramstone, Esq. of Oakley Hall, at a cost of £7,000; is a handsome Gothic structure, with a lofty square tower; and contains a three-arched stone screen, and several neat mural monuments.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Basingstoke
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester
Rural Deanery: Basingstoke
Poor Law Union: Basingstoke