Ashmansworth is a chapelry of East Woodhay Ancient Parish in Hampshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1811
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1810
- East Woodhay
- Crux Easton
- Hurstbourne Tarrant
- St Mary Bourne
- Woolton Hill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHMANSWORTH, a parish in Kingsclere district, Hants; 6½ miles NNW of Whitchurch r. station, and 8½ SSW of Newbury. Post Town, East Woodhay under Newbury. Acres, 1,808. Real property, £1,403. Pop., 201. Houses, 44. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of East Woodhay, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is early English.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Kingsclere
Probate Court: Mid-1500s-1800 - Court of the Peculiar of East Woodhay with Ashmansworth, Post-1770 - Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester
Rural Deanery: Pre-1770 - None, Post-1769 - Andover
Poor Law Union: Kingsclere