Ashe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Hampshire.
Alternative names: Ash, Esse
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1606
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1780
- Woodmancote and Popham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHE, or Ash, a parish in Whitchurch district, Hants; near the Southwestern railway, in the vicinity of Overton station, 5 miles ENE of Whitchurch. Post Town, Overton under Micheldever station. Acres, 2,107. Real property, £1,759. Pop., 145. Houses, 25. Part of the surface is warren. Ashe Park and Oakley Hall are chief residences. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £410. Patron, W. H. Beach, Esq.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Whitchurch
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester
Rural Deanery: Basingstoke
Poor Law Union: Whitchurch