Weston Subedge is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Weston-sub-Edge
Parish church: St Lawrence
Parish registers begin: 1654
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
WESTON-SUB-EDGE, a parish, with a village, in the district of Evesham and county of Gloucester; 2¼ miles S of Honeybourne r. station, and 2¼ NW of Chipping-Campden. It has a post-office under Broadway. Acres, 2,632. Real property, £5,036. Pop., 369. Houses, 82. Burnt-Norton is a seat of the Earl of Harrowby. Norton Hall is the seat of J. Fenton, Esq. There was formerly a splendid moated residence of the Bishops of Worcester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £850. Patrons, the Executors of Mrs. Bourne. The church was restored in 1861. There are an endowed school with £10 a year, and a charity for widows £20. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Gloucestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., Vol IV. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900. Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews
Note. – The following marriages are contained in three volumes, of which the first two are parchment and in only fair condition. The first ten weddings – 1612-1638 – are, however, taken from the transcripts preserved in the Bishop’s Registry at Gloucester. The marriages have been extracted by the Rev. J. Harvey Bloom, and are published under his supervision, with the consent of the Rector, the Rev. George Drinkwater Bourne, M.A., F.S.A., Hon. Canon of Gloucester.Marriages at Weston Subedge 1612 to 1812 - Archive.org