West Littleton is a chapelry of Tormarton Ancient Parish in Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: For records see Tormarton
Parishes adjacent to West Littleton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LITTLETON (WEST), a parish in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, adjacent to Wilts, 2 miles NW of Marshfield, and 6 E of Mangotsfield r. station. Post town, Marshfield, under Chippenham. Acres, 1,009. Rated property, £1,242. Pop., 120. Houses, 28. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Duke of Beaufort. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Tormarton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is ancient; was repaired and enlarged in 1855; and has a curious bell-turret, or small tower, surmounted by a spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Littleton (West), 4 m. S.E. Chipping Sodbury. P. 158
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Littleton, co. Gloucester.
P. T. Chipping Sodbury (108) 4½ m. SE b E. Pop. 100.
A parish in the lower division of the hundred of Grumbald's Ash; living, a curacy subordinate to the rectory of Tormarton, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, not in charge; church ded. to St. Mary; patronage with Tormarton rectory.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Hundred: Grumbald's Ash
- Province: Canterbury