Upper Swell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1543
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1605
Parishes adjacent to Upper Swell
- Lower Swell
- Temple Guiting
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SWELL (Upper), a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; 2 miles NNW of Stow-on-the-Wold r. station. Post town, Stow-on-the-Wold, under Moreton-in-Marsh. Acres, 1,460. Real property, £1,615. Pop., 65. Houses, 17. The manor belongs to Pole, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £90. Patron, Pole, Esq. The church was partially restored in 1814.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Upper Swell Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Kiftsgate
- Province: Canterbury