Upper Slaughter is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1538
Parishes adjacent to Upper Slaughter
- Lower Swell
- Lower Slaughter
- Cold Aston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SLAUGHTER (Upper), a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; 1½ mile NNW of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. Post town, Lower Slaughter, under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 1,390. Real property, £2,140. Pop., 241. Houses, 52. The manor belongs to the Rev. E. F. Witts and the Rev. J. Todd. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £158. Patron, the Rev. E. F. Witts. The church is Norman and early English. There are an endowed school with £11 a year, and charities £61.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Upper Slaughter 1538-1837
Upper Slaughter with Eyford Marriages 1538 to 1837 - Parishmouse
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 - Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Slaughter
- Province: Canterbury