Staunton or Staunton near Coleford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Coal Pit Hill.
Alternative names: Staunton near Coleford
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1584
Parishes adjacent to Staunton
- English Bicknor
- Dixton Newton
Historical Descriptions of Staunton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STAUNTON, a parish in the district of Monmouth and county of Gloucester; 3 miles E of Monmouth r. station. It has a post-office under Coleford. Acres, 1,517. Real property, £1,635. Pop., 202. Houses, 44. S. Hill commands a fine view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £149. Patron, the Rev. E. Machen. The church is good. Charities, £32.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Staunton Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Monmouth
Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Hereford, Post-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Forest
Poor Law Union: Monmouth
Hundred: St Briavels