Siddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Siddington St Mary.
Parish registers begin: 1687
Nonconformists include: Independent
Parishes adjacent to Siddington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SIDDINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Cirencester district, Gloucester; on the river Churn, 1¾ mile SSE of Cirencester r. station. It has a post-office under Cirencester. Acres, 1,950. Real property, £2,777. Pop., 474. Houses, 110. The manor belongs to Earl Bathurst. Some malting is carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £440. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was partly restored, partly rebuilt, in 1865. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £8. Bishop Bull was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Siddington, co. Gloucester.
P. T. Cirencester (89) 2 m. SSE. Pop. 349.
A village, containing the parishes of St. Mary and St. Peter, in the hundred of Crowthorne and Minety, through which run the river Churn, and the Thames and Severn Canal; the living of St. Mary is a rectory, and that of St. Peter a dis. vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester; the former valued in K.B. 8l. 12s. 1d., and the latter 5l. 12s. 3½d,; patron, the Lord Chancellor.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. III; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cirencester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 - Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Cirencester
- Poor Law Union: Cirencester
- Hundred: Crowthorne and Minety
- Province: Canterbury