Shipton Sollars is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1653
Bishop’s Transcripts: 1577 (For records see Shipton Oliffe)
Shipton-Sollars, a parish in the hund. of Bradley, union of Northleach, county of Gloucester; 6 miles west-north-west of Northleach, watered by the Colne. Living, a rectory annexed to that of Shipton-Sollars. Acres 1,160. Houses 20. A. P. £1,075. Pop., in 1801, returned with Shipton-Oliffe; in 1831, 98. Poor rates, in 1838, £33 19s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.