Quedgeley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created from chapelry in Gloucester St Owen Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Woolstrop.
Parish Church: St James the Apostle
Parish registers begin: 1559
Quedgeley, a village and a parish in the district and county of Gloucester. The village stands near the Gloucester and Berkeley canal, 3 miles S S W of Gloucester r. station; and has a post-office under Gloucester. The parish contains also the hamlet of Woolstrop, and comprises 1,453 acres. Real property, £4,578; of which £1,000 are in the canal. Pop., 408. Houses, 80. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Q. House, belongs to J. Hayward, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £230.* Patron, J. Hayward, Esq. The church is decorated English; was recently repaired; and consists of nave, aisles, chancel, and porch, with tower and spire. There is a national school. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Woolstrop, a hamlet in the parish of Quedgeley, hund. of Dudstone and King’s-Barton. county of Gloucester; 5 miles north by east of Gloucester. Acres 90. Houses 5. A. P. with parish. Pop., in 1801, 35 ; in 1831, 39. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.