Preston (near Ledbury) is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1671
Parishes adjacent to Preston (nr. Ledbury)
- Much Marcle
- Little Marcle
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PRESTON, a parish in Newent district, Gloucester; adjacent to Herefordshire, 3 miles SW of Ledbury r. station. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres, 884. Real property, £1,227. Pop., 78. Houses, 13. Nearly all the property is held by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £140. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church has a Saxon doorway.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Preston, co. Gloucester.
P. T. Ledbury (120) 3 m. W b S. Pop. 87.
A parish in the lower division of the hundred of Dudstone and King’s Barton; living, a dis. vicarage in the archdeaconry of Hereford aud diocese of Gloucester; valued in K. B. 7l. 6s. 8d.; ann. val. P. R. 150l.; patron, the Bishop of Gloucester.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. III; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Newent
- Probate Court: Post-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory), Pre-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Hereford
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Forest
- Poor Law Union: Newent
- Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
- Province: Canterbury