Poulton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1695
Nonconformists include: General Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Poulton
- Ampney St Peter
- Ampney Crucis
- Meysey Hampton
- Ampney St Mary
- Down Ampney
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
POULTON, a village and a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester. The village stands 3¼ miles W of Fairford, and 5½ ESE of Cirencester r. station; and has a post-office under Cricklade. The parish comprises 1,580 acres. Real property, £2,560. Pop., 454. Houses, 100. The Manor House is the seat of Mrs. Tombs. A Gilbertine priory, a cell to Sempringham abbey, was founded here, about 1347, by Thomas Seymour. The parish is a meet for the Vale of White Horse hounds. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £46. Patrons, the Executors of the late John Tombs, Esq. The church is old, and has a tower. There is a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cirencester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 - Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Cricklade
- Poor Law Union: Cirencester
- Hundred: Crowthorne and Minety
- Province: Canterbury