Pitchcombe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1709
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Pitchcombe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PITCHCOMBE, a parish in Stroud district, Gloucester; 2 miles N of Stroud r. station. Post-town, Stroud. Acres, 217. Real property, £770. Pop., 178. Houses, 34. P. House is the seat of J. Little, Esq. Extensive chemical works are partly within the boundary. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Harescomb, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church was rebuilt in 1819. There is an Independent chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Pitchcombe, 6 miles S. Gloucester. P. 243
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stroud
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Stroud
- Hundred: Dudstone and King's Barton
- Province: Canterbury