Ozleworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1698
Parishes adjacent to Ozleworth
- Newington Bagpath
- Wotton under Edge
- Boxwell with Leighterton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OZLEWORTH, a parish in Tetbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 2½ miles E of Wotton-under-Edge, and 5 ENE of Charfield r. station. Post-town, Wotton-under-Edge. Acres, 1,114. Real property, £1,627. Pop., 130. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Newark Park, belongs to the Rev. L. B. Clutterbuck. The mansion of Newark Park belonged once to a monastery; was restored, in the time of Edward VI., with stones from Kingswood abbey; and stands on an eminence, commanding extensive views. Ozleworth Park is the seat of J. Rolt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £130. Patron, the Rev. L. B. Clutterbuck. The church is Norman, ingood condition; is bisected by a beautiful Norman arch; and consists of nave and chancel, with central octagonal tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Ozleworth 1698 to 1812
Note. – The Registers, on vellum, are contained in three small volumes. Nos. 1 and 3 in the original parchment, No. 2 in rough calf. The writing is singularly clear and well preserved. The earliest entry is dated 1698, and it is probable that an earlier volume has been lost or destroyed.
Where the names of Parishes are not given, the persons are resident in that of Ozleworth.
The entries have been transcribed by the Rev. J. Nowill Bromehead, Rector of Beverston. The pages of Vols. 1 and 2 are unnumbered.
Ozleworth Marriages 1755 to 1812
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tetbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 - Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Dursley
- Poor Law Union: Tetbury
- Hundred: Berkeley (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury