Oxenton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1678
Parishes adjacent to Oxenton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OXENTON, a parish in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester; on an affluent of the river Severn, adjacent to the boundary with Worcestershire, 2½ miles SE of Ashchurch r. station, and 4½ E by S of Tewkesbury. Post-town, Cheltenham. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1,545. Pop., 136. Houses, 98. The manor belongs to the Earl of Ellenborough. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £86. Patron, the Earl of Coventry. The church is old, was recently repaired, and has a tower. A church school, a neat building, was erected in 1862.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Oxenton, 3 miles S.E. Tewkesbury. P. 139
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Marriages Out of Parish
Below is a list of people who were from Oxenton but who were married in another parish.
Bevil Blizzard, of Oxington, Gloucestershire, & Elizabeth Ainge, of S. L., lic 11 Oct. 1778 at South Littleton, Worcestershire.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
- Hundred: Tewkesbury
- Province: Canterbury