Oldbury-on-the-Hill is a township, parish and village, in the upper division of Grumbalds Ash Hundred, Tetbury Union, in the neighbourhood of Tetbury. Here is a church. The population, in 1851, was 485, with 1,342 acres.
Kingston Miss Ann
Washbourne Richard, esq.
White George, esq.
Wickham William, esq.
Baylis Wm. carpenter & wheelwright
Bond Job, carrier
Broom William, boot & shoe maker
Chappell Mary (Mrs.), shopkeeper
Chappell Samuel, coal haulier
Chappell William, tailor
Chidell George, boarding school
Hatherell Abraham, draper & grocer
Hatherell James, farmer
Haynes John, smith & farrier
Holborow John, wine & spirit merchant
Huff Zaccheus, boot & shoe maker
Jenkins James, coal haulier
King Stephen, ‘King’s Arms’
Long William, farmer
Mills Jane (Mrs.), draper & grocer
Sessions James, butcher
Summers Samuel, baker
Thompson James, ‘Three Compasses’
Watts Edward, saddler
Watts William, tailor
Weaver Thos. carpenter & cabinet mkr
Wickham & White, surgeons
Woolnough George, steam threshing & drilling machine proprietor
Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.