Newington Bagpath is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Bartholomew
Parish registers begin: 1686
Parishes adjacent to Newington Bagpath
- Wotton under Edge
- Boxwell with Leighterton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NEWINGTON-BAGPATH, a parish, with a village, in Tetbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 4 miles SE by E of Dursley r. station, and 4½ WNW of Tetbury. Post-town, Wotton-under-Edge. Acres, 2,131. Real property, £2,477. Pop., 242. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Col. Kingscote. Bagpath Court was formerly a mansion, and is now a farm-house. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Owlpen, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £450. Patron, Col. Kingscote. The church is early English, and the chancel was lately rebuilt. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Marriages at Newington Bagpath 1800 to 1812
Marriages at Newington Bagpath 1754 to 1800
Newington Bagpath Marriages 1601 to 1685 Bishops Transcripts
Newington Bagpath Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tetbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 - Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Dursley
- Poor Law Union: Tetbury
- Hundred: Berkeley (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury