Meysey Hampton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Maisey Hampton, Hampton Maisey
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1570
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Meysey Hampton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HAMPTON-MAISEY, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; near the boundary with Wilts, 2½ miles W by S of Fairford, and 6½ ESE of Cirencester r. station. It has a post office under Cricklade. Acres, 1,920. Real property, £1,596. Pop., 352. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to John Mott, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £604. Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is ancient and cruciform, and has a central tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a British school, and charities £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cirencester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Fairford
- Poor Law Union: Cirencester
- Hundred: Crowthorne and Minety
- Province: Canterbury