Marston Sicca is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Marston Sicca was transferred from Gloucestershire to Warwickshire in 1931. It is now more generally known as Long Marston.
Parish church: St James the Greater
Parish registers begin: 1680
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
MARSTON-SICCA, or LONG MARSTON, a village and a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon and county of Gloucester. The village stands on an affluent of the river Avon, adjacent to the Honeybourne and Stratford railway, within 2 miles of the boundaries with Warwick and Worcester, 5½ miles SW of Stratford-on-Avon; consists of two parts, called respectively Marston-Sicca and Long Marston; contains a house in which Charles II. lay concealed in the flight from Worcester; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Stratford-on-Avon, both of the name of Long Marston. The parish comprises 1,680 acres. Real property, £2,848. Pop., 371. Houses, 80. The manor belongs to F. Tomes, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £430. Patron, F. Tomes, Esq. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a tower, and contains an old Norman font. There are an endowed school with £101 a year, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].