Little Sodbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St Adeline
Parish registers begin: 1703
Parishes adjacent to Little Sodbury
Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Sodbury (Little), a parish in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester; 3¾ miles E by N of Yate r. station. Post-town, Chipping-Sodbury. Acres, 1,071. Real property, £1,769. Pop., 143. Houses, 26. The manor belongs to W. H. H. Hartley, Esq. the living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £235. Patron, W. H. H. Hartley, Esq. The church was built in 1859. Tyndale, the translator of the Scriptures, was for some time a resident.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Sodbury (Little), ½ m. E. Chipping-Sodbury. P. 125
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Family History Links
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 - Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Hundred: Grumbald's Ash
- Province: Canterbury