Lancaut is a chapelry of Woolaston Ancient Parish in Gloucestershire
Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Lancaut
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LANCAUT, a chapelry in Tidenham parish, Gloucester; on the river Wye, 2 miles N by E of Chepstow r. station. Post-town, Chepstow. Acres, 183. Real property, £277. Pop., 9. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Woollaston, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1848
Lancaut, a cbapelry and township in the parish of Tidenham, county of Gloucester; 2 miles north by east of Chepstow, on the eastern bank of the Wye, by which it is nearly encircled, and 2 miles west of the Severn. Living, a curacy annexed to the rectory of Woolaston. Tithes, moduses, &c, commuted in 1810; aggregate amount fixed by tithe commissioners in 1839, at £36 6s. 6d. Pop. returned with Tidenham.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1848
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Lancaut Gloucestershire Directory 1856
Lancaut is a very small parish, pleasantly situated on the eastern bank of the Wye, 2 miles north-by-east from Chepstow, in the Hundred of Westbury, Union of Chepstow, archdeaconry of Gloucester, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol. The living is annexed to the rectory of Woolastone, worth £40 yearly. The church is a small ancient building. The population, in 1851, was 11, and the acreage is 183; rateable value £214.
Letters received through Chepstow, which is the nearest money order office.
Ryder Henry, farmer
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chepstow
- Probate Court: Post-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory), Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Hereford
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Forest
- Poor Law Union: Chepstow
- Hundred: Westbury (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury