Hasfield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: Originally St. Peter now St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1559
Parishes adjacent to Hasfield
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Hasfield, a village and a parish, in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester. The village stands near the river Severn and the boundary with Worcester, 6 miles N of Gloucester r. station; and has a post office pillar box under Gloucester. The parish comprises 1,460 acres. Real property, £3, 607. Pop., 299. Houses, 70. The manor belonged, in the Conqueror's time, to the Pauncefoot family; and, with Hasfield Court, belongs now to Thomas Fulljames, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £378. Patron, the Rev. J. Sevier. The church is ancient, but good; consists of nave, chancel, and N aisle, with porch and tower; and contains a very ancient monument of the Pauncefoots, an ancient oak chest, and memorials of the Atwoods and the Fulljameses. There are a national school, and charities £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Hasfield, 7 miles E. Newent. P. 304
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
HASFIELD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Tewkesbury, Lower division of the hundred of Westminster, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 6 miles (N.) from Gloucester; containing 304 inhabitants, and comprising by measurement 1400 acres. Limestone of good quality is quarried for building and for the roads: facility of conveyance is afforded by the river Severn, which skirts the parish on the south-east, and is navigable for small craft. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8.; net income, £378; patron and incumbent, the Rev. J. F. Sevier. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1795; the land comprises 174 acres, and there is a rectory-house, handsomely rebuilt in the Tudor style, by the present incumbent. The church is in the later English style, with a square embattled tower.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
The following newspapers cover the area.
Cheltenham Chronicle (The British Newspaper Archive)
Cheltenham Examiner (The British Newspaper Archive)
Cheltenham Journal and Gloucestershire Fashionable Weekly Gazette (The British Newspaper Archive)
Cheltenham Looker-On (The British Newspaper Archive)
Cheltenham Mercury (The British Newspaper Archive)
Cirencester Times and Cotswold Advertiser (The British Newspaper Archive)
Gloucester Citizen (The British Newspaper Archive)
Gloucester Journal (The British Newspaper Archive)
Gloucestershire Chronicle (The British Newspaper Archive)
Gloucestershire Echo (The British Newspaper Archive)
Stroud Journal (The British Newspaper Archive)
Stroud News and Gloucestershire Advertiser (The British Newspaper Archive)
Tewkesbury Register, and Agricultural Gazette., The (The British Newspaper Archive)
Wilts and Gloucestershire Standard (The British Newspaper Archive)
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
- Hundred: Westminster (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury